Thursday, November 3, 2011


AUTUMN IN NEW YORK 2011
here we are again. it's autumn in new york. my favorite time of year in my favorite place. of course that little nor'easter we had last weekend wasn't on my list of favorites, but what are you going to do! as i sit at my desk, looking out over trees and the river beyond, i seem to focus on one beautiful red leaf gently blowing across our deck. every year since i moved to new york, in 1975, i have sent my mother a red leaf at this time of year, to show her how far into the season we are, compared with the season in memphis, where she lives -- now in a nursing home. this year, i think i will take the leaf and give it to her in person. chuck and i will be in memphis next week to visit with her and to do a couple of trunk shows at the store of my dear friend, cindy -- kittie kyle. two styles from our holiday collection are featured in the postcard for the trunk shows on nov 10 and 11. they are a blackened silver pendant (i call the finish 'moonglow') and a large double pendant, featuring our signature shimmering matte finish. both are sprinkled with diamonds and both pendants are circles, celebrating the never-ending cycle of life. as my mother's disease progresses, i find myself thinking a lot about how to make each day count. i think about what i can do to make a difference to her. next week i will get on a plane and spend some time with her and do all i can to let my mother know how much i love her. i invite you to do the same -- tell the important people in your life how you feel. hug them. it feels just as good to be the hugger as does to be the huggee :) here is a picture of my mother and chuck having just one of those moments. xs